Wednesday, July 12, 2006

a gentle note and reminder

It has come to my attention that A Simple Prop just passed its first birthday recently. Well, what do you know. How the months have flown by!

A Simple Prop was born in Friendster Blogs, and stayed a short while in LiveJournal before moving to its current location here in Blogger. I never really believed it could have lasted this long. Like some of my friends' blogs, I was sort of expecting it to die off after some time. It's inevitable for all blogs, non?

But it didn't - as least not yet - in part because there remains a certain sentimental value to it. And that's keeping me going. You might not know it, but this blog has changed my life in a way I could never have imagined when I sat down to write that first post on a Sunday morning back last July.

And no, I didn't turn into some celebrity blogger. I'm not even close for the matter. The readership for this blog has maintained at that estimated 20 people or less, half of which I know personally and the other half, I don't. I could never expect more since I've never sought to publicise it; I've only ever told a few friends about it. Besides, I don't really write anything really insightful or worthy of more attention. In fact, sometimes I wonder why a person who doesn't know me personally would want to read anything here, ha!

I must admit, however, that the impetus to blog has reduced tremendously. Sometimes I feel like I'm posting stuff which nobody gives a damn about. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself. Which isn't that bad, actually. What's worse is that I feel like I'm talking to myself with people at the side eavesdropping. You know what I mean, don't you? A Simple Prop could certainly do with more comments and interaction!

After all, if I'm really into talking to myself (which I'm not by the way), I could've just written everything into a Word document and saved it on to my local disk. Or with pen and paper. Duh.

But of course, I'm not so desperate as to beg for feedback. I'm happy as it is that you bother to read at all. Having said that, it'll still be a nice encouragement for me though! :)

In any case, the white flag is not raised yet. I don't quit that easily, heh!

It has been quiet around here lately, mainly because I was busy catching either sleep or the World Cup. Now that that's over, I'll try to write more.

See you around!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I am one of the those who does not know you personally and reads your blog religiously everyday. I really think you have changed my life and given me hope in this world that I am not the only one who talks to myself. Really? Ya.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 12:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehee, u did get your tt one time fame, on today, remember?

Monday, July 17, 2006 12:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home