Wednesday, September 13, 2006

must see

As some of you may know, I'm not the biggest fan of most things Korean. Not the place, not the people, and definitely not the popular culture. The only exception is kimchi, which I love. But after reading so many excellent reviews of The Host, I just have to catch it.

And they're right. What a show!

Here's what you can expect:
  1. End to end action and plenty of grandoise scenes for all you drama mamas.
  2. Lots of deadpan and wacky humour when you least expect it.
  3. Wonderful special effects of the mutant creature. And you don't even have to wait more than 15 minutes to see it in full glory.
  4. Victory of common folks over monster and hardhearted government authority, powered by their desperation to save their loved one.
  5. Political barbs at the US.
What more can you ask for? Besides, any show with scenes of a monster chasing and gobbling up people in broad daylight is always going to win extra brownie points from me. Not that I'm sadistic, but I don't really like scary movies that are pitch dark 90% of the time.

I was going to say that this is the best Korean show ever, but that's not saying much, non? Ok, it's the MOVIE OF THE YEAR.

Go catch it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home